Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time flies!

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I've posted anything. There have been many things that have take place in my life over the past nine months that have been been painful beyond belief, yet made me stronger for who I am.

I have almost one year behind me as a full-time student where I am been on the Dean's List, which has surprised me beyond measure. As a kid I was good at certain subjects and would easily get good grades, but if I had to apply myself or study, I just wouldn't. Today, as an adult I have a completely different perspective. I am focused and really put my time in to my studies. Maintaining a high GPA and good grades are important to me. I have proven to myself that I am smarter than I ever thought, and it's nice to get recognition for my hard work. Through school I have found I have new interests and new subjects come easily to me, while others I have to really work at. I have new friends, and some amazing professors. I have new hope and excitement for my future as I create the next chapter in my life.

I've taken my two weeks off between quarters to get a few things organized by donating items that are no longer needed or holding a purpose in my life, stored a few things, threw some things away, and put the remainder to use. I love organization and having a place for everything. Maybe it's a control thing, but I know what I have, and where it is when I need it. I have a few days left to finish up my "to-do" list before the next quarter begins. I will have it all complete and feel good about it.

During these past several month I have also lost 53 lbs, gone back to the gym, done more bike riding (my calves are looking more like bikers legs :D ), and enjoyed more time with friends. I am optimistic and excited about the future!

1 comment:

Britton Minor said...

I am so excited for the direction you have taken your life. Very, very proud of you, my friend!